S9 - The Customer Is Always Right

Work has been so annoying this week. I don't want to go into detail so I'll just say this. InfoTech does its very best to satisfy customers and ninety-five percent of the time, we are successful in doing that. The people I'm dealing with this week seem to all be in the remaining five percent.

Ryan and I have been spending more time together, and that's been nice. Poor guy, he's been putting up with my rants about work. But then he tells me funny stories about people he drives around. It's nice to have someone new to talk to, someone outside of work.

Oh, by the way. Breaking news today. Streak saved a helicopter from crashing. It was one of those hospital helicopters, the ones that transport patients. Freak accident, the engine failed. Streak showed up and held it in the air. Then he flew it safely to the hospital. PrimaNews's footage of it was great--the kind of stuff you expect to see in action movies.

I'm going to sleep now. Tomorrow's the weekend. Yay!