S6 - Elevated

For privacy purposes, I'm going to use pseudonyms to refer to Streak's alter ego and me. I don't want to expose who he is, so the sensible thing is not to include personal details in this writing. For the sake of the story here, I'll call Streak's alter ego Ryan and I'll call myself Molly.  There isn't any significance to the names--just what popped into my head first.

I saw Ryan in the hallway today when I was leaving for work. My schedule is pretty regular...the exact definition of a 9 to 5 job, but his isn't. The taxi service seems to let him have a flexible schedule which is great considering who he is.

He's been living next door for about four months, but we haven't talked much. Our schedules don't cross often but today they did. I stepped out of my apartment and locked the door at the same moment he did.

He looked over to me and smiled. "Hi, Molly."

"Hi, Ryan." *

Ryan's eyes are a striking shade of blue. Bright and clear. I don't think I've looked him straight in the eye before.  His hair is dark brown and curls loosely around his head. If he let it grow out a little more, he might have something like a surfer look. A surfer who flies through the air instead of rides ocean waves. Ocean waves as blue as his eyes. But okay, I'm rambling. He has beautiful eyes. Moving on.

We walked to the elevator together.

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"Oh, okay. Not much excitement in being a cabbie."

I smiled. "Maybe not, what's exciting anymore?"

"Yeah." He looked over at me. Those piercing blue eyes. He's a little less than a head taller than me. Probably just over six feet. "What is it you do again?"

"I work in consumer relations at InfoTech, that computer store downtown."

"So that's like customer service?"

"Basically the same thing." I nodded. "Also not much excitement."

He smiled. The elevator bell dinged and the doors opened. We walked out into the street. The taxi service he works for is a couple blocks north. I walk east to InfoTech.

"Well, it was nice talking to you," he said.

"Yeah, you too. Have a good day." Do good work, I thought.

He nodded. "You too." He turned and walked up the street.

I waited for the traffic light to change and crossed the street.

I wonder if he ever flies to work.




* We used each other's actual names of course. He doesn't know about these pseudonyms.