S26 - Not One of Them

I've been coming to HQ for a few weeks now to meet Link, but I might as well be invisible when I walk through the building. Dr. Atom hardly acknowledges me if we pass in the hallway. The other people don't say hi. I'm not one of the Super Seven, so I guess I don't matter to them.

Except for Jet. She's been friendly. We've had a few conversations. But even she seems guarded.

I can understand that. Ryan didn't talk to me much either before. Superheroes have a lot on the line. They have to be careful about who they can trust. I get that, really I do. Ryan's explained it that way to me too. But still, I would think saying hello would be okay to do.

I don't want to think of the Super Seven as an elitist group, but will they treat me differently if I can work with 8th Wonder voluntarily? Will they ask me to work with them when they know I can access 8th Wonder's power?

I wonder how they'll react when I tell them I'm not sure I want to do the superhero thing. I'll help out when I have to--I don't think 8th Wonder will let me sit out on dire circumstances. But right now, I don't know if I want to be a superhero. It's scary enough trying to get a grip on what's happening to me with 8th Wonder. I don't want to think much about the next step.