103

Hello, everyone, this is Scott Hannigan broadcasting from...well, I can't really say where, can I? I'd like to think we're all on the same team, but truth is, there are people against us and they might be picking up this signal.

Most folks are scared with what happened. I'm scared too, so you'll excuse me when I leave out personal details. I've been in radio for a long time--long before the corporations controlled what you heard--so when I came across this radio station after World Union Day (terrible name, by the way), I thought I'd check if it was usable. If you can hear me, that's proof this set up works.

I lived in a small town, and most everybody spread out and left. I don't have any family out in these parts, so I'm on my own. I try not to be out at night too much. Never know if someone's in the dark waiting to jump you. Not that I have anything worth taking. Got the clothes I'm wearing and my boots, that's it. But anyway, I'm rambling. It's not too bad, but it's lonely out here. I'm guess it's lonely for you out there too.

I'm checking the gear here and everything seems to be working, so if there are folks out there with working radios, you should be able to pick up this signal. Like I said, I'm an old radio man, and that means I like the sound of my own voice. I do have something to say if you're listening, though.

They took away our structure from the top down, on a global scale, and that's scary as hell. We don't have any guarantees anymore. We can't have any expectations. Nothing we knew in life is certain anymore. They changed the world for worse, but they didn't change any of us. They can't.

If you're out there and you're listening, I'm asking you to think about all the other people out there--we're all just as scared. We all want to be safe. We all want to wake up last week and realize this was a nightmare. We can't trust the governments to be there for us anymore, but we can trust each other. You're out there and you know I'm here. My voice is your proof. I think you've got to be out there, but I've gotta go on faith. Think about everyone out there going on faith, surviving on hope. That's what we have to do.

Or else, all those leaders we put into office, all those men and women who threw away their responsibilities to leave the world in chaos, they win. They're failures. They don't deserve a victory.

Don't let them ruin the whole world. We get through this, and we win.